ARStars and their parents and guardians are cordially invited to participate in our February Parent/Daughter Book Club!
- Date: Saturday, February 21st
- Time: 5PM Potluck at Book People.
- Title of Book: Stella by Starlight, by Sharon Draper
Frequently Asked Questions:
- When are the meetings?
- We will meet at Book People at 5PM on Saturday, February 21st for a potluck meal and discussion. Any student, parent, or faculty of ARS who has read Stella by Starlight is invited to attend. Bring something yummy to contribute to the potluck and a copy of the book with you.
- Are the books available in the library?
- I have a few available for check out.
- My parent can’t participate this time. Does that mean I can’t come?
- Absolutely not. It’s a book club just like normal except that parents are also welcome.
- What’s the point of the Parent/Daughter Book Club?
- To share and enjoy great books, of course. Whenever you read a book along with someone else it connects you to each other. You get to know them a little better and they get to know you. Also, sometimes it’s easier to talk about difficult subjects when you’re talking about a character in a book.